ResilientBCM – Keeping the ball in play.
John Robinson, FBCI, says, “Resilience is very much a hot topic in the business continuity profession, but there seems to be very little agreement about what we mean by resilience; where it sits in relation to business continuity management; and what its scope should be. This article aims at bringing some clarity and will explore the following questions:
- What exactly, is resilience and do we share a meaningful definition, or is it just hype?
- Does it have enough value or substance to differentiate it from what we already have?
- How much resilience do we need or is it OK to be vague about it?
- Where does resilience naturally sit within the organization? Does it make a difference?
- What does a resilience programme look like and where should we look for guidance?”
Content retrieved from: http://www.continuitycentral.com/index.php/news/resilience-news/853-organizational-resilience-and-business-continuity.